Residential 608 Magnolia Street
The structure was built in 1911 and is a contributing structure in the New Smyrna Beach National Register of Historic Places Historic District. The owners, Jim Murphy and Trish Thompson, bought the residence in 1989 and subsequently purchased and preserved the home.
The Folk Victorian style of architecture was a popular residential style between 1880 and 1910. This building is a distinct reminder of the cultural heritage of New Smyrna Beach, and it is a strong example of this style of architecture.
Jane Poorbaugh Whitten, daughter of a previous owner and occupant until 1947, nominated the structure.
Non-Residential 1650 Live Oak Street (St. Paul's Episcopal Church)
The structure was built in 1907 and is one of the oldest churches in the central diocese. They will be celebrating the Centennial Anniversary of the building this year. The architectural style is Gothic Revival and the structure has been recently painted and roofed in preparation of the celebration.
The structure was originally located at the intersection of Palmetto and Downing Streets.
John C. Palmer, Senior Warden, nominated the structure.